Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Elysa's Collard Adventure

After this semester's experiment with the collards, I interviewed Elysa Domboro about her experience with the team and the experiment.

Q: What have you learned?
A: I learned a lot about growing plants, specifically with a group of people in a school setting. I have planted plants before with my family, but planting stuff with other kids was sort of weird because I didn’t know what to expect. Basically, I learned that kids my age are willing to plant and it is not that different to plant with my classmates rather than my family.

Q: What surprised or amazed you?
A: Honestly what surprised me the most was that our plants actually grew big. I don’t know what I was really expecting, maybe for them to get ruined by other kids or bugs, but they actually survived. And each time I see them, they are even bigger.

Q: What made you laugh?
A: My team made me laugh. I didn’t really know any of them before this project, but now I feel like I do. I think I get a little too serious sometimes, and having my group to keep the feel of the project happy and fun was truly a blessing. Also finding the butterfly poop. That was funny.

Q: What made you pause and think a little deeper?
A: When we tried and failed at least three different methods of the carbon dioxide lab. each time I thought I had found the solution, only to have a problem and think again. Our beginning experiment took a lot of late night brainstorming, and I really had to think about what would work.

Q: What questions do you have about things you saw or experienced in the garden?
A: What mostly intrigued me was the holes in our plants from the butterflies. I would love to know if there was anything we could do to prevent that. Also, what caused the great population of butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment