My name is Marie Coates and I have lived in San Jose, CA my current entire lifespan. I have attempted gardening in my preteens, but I failed miserably every time. I have attempted growing a sunflower a few months ago just for the heck of it and now it is growing in my backyard. Actually, nevermind, I can’t find it. My mom probably moved it somewhere… I have quite a few family members that know how to make food from scratch, farm, and garden. They generally consist of my family members in Virginia, the Philippines, my parents, and my grandma. My family members in Virginia (and in the other various east coast states) and in the Philippines know quite a bit about farming, gardening, and making food from scratch. My parents and grandma know how to garden, but my dad has his dream on getting a ranch and farming, so I am pretty sure he has studied up on that subject. Another person I knew was my science teacher from 8th grade, Doc Chock (the man in the top right picture), who had a PhD in marine botany and a BA in Botany. He was one of the coolest teachers I ever had. He definitely knew tons about horticulture, gardening, and plants. Anyway, that’s me in a gardening perspective nutshell.

No comments:
Post a Comment