Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Who Wants To Live A Million Years?

Evolution Questions

It took me only two generations to survive the goal of 1 million years. It took this long plainly because I guessed correctly. I didn’t look over the list of the advantages and disadvantages, so I didn’t know which species survived well in what conditions. This suggests that most species should have long legs and necks to help them get food from high places like trees and they should have fur to keep them warm in the winter.

The first round I won, the three species I had all had stripes, which allows them to be blend in with their surroundings. So after that, I chose the species that had stripes and long legs, so that they can hide from predators, and if the predator finds them, my species can out run them.

Yes, genetic drift does greatly affect the theoretical population.  Having traits randomly multiple allowed the species to quickly adapt to their surroundings and survive.

Long necks and stripes seemed to be dominant phenotypes, while short hair and spikes were recessive phenotypes.  In each situation you could tell the recessive and dominant alleles by observing the traits that survived through several generations.

  1. Short legs and thick fur
  2. Short fur and long legs
  3. Spikes and stripes
  4. Long legs

  1. I would add more traits to choose and adapt to in the simulation.
  2. Add more powerful processing for scenarios such as the plague.
  3. Add a completely new species.
  4. Have some aspects be aquatically based.



No comments:

Post a Comment